Music Production & Audio Engineering Classes
Now Accepting Veteran’s Education Benefits

Earn a diploma in Recording Arts from the only school in San Diego dedicated to building the professional habits necessary to succeed in our industry. Learn in our world-class studios from experienced engineers who have worked with The Arctic Monkeys, Lil’ Wayne, blink-182, Frank Ocean and Queens of the Stone Age.

Act fast! Class Size is Limited.

Under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, The Recording Arts Center is now able to proudly serve veterans (and their qualified dependents) by offering a full range of tuition and benefits.

Our year-long, full-time Diploma in Recording Arts equips students with the skills and knowledge to pursue an exciting career in music production, but also extends into areas such as Audio Post Production for TV and Film, Live Sound Reinforcement, Video Production and more.

Please complete the form on this page to learn more – or call us at 858.592.0556.  Private tours are available.

Act Fast! Our next Diploma start date is July 26th.

Start Here

Seating is limited. Fill out the form on this page and we’ll hold your spot, with no obligation to enroll.

Meet Jacob

USS Antietam(CG-54) & USS Cowpens(CG-63). CS3

I didn’t know anything about audio other than the fact that I wanted to do it as a profession. Even though I learned years worth of knowledge and experience at TRAC, I believe the biggest thing I gained from the program was my network. I got the job at SIR Studios NYC literally because a former classmate vouched for me. I even got recording gigs in Brooklyn with an Australian rapper and a Nepali producer as a result of a recommendation made from a former classmate in California. I also recorded an entire album with an artist I worked with as a student who happened to also live in NYC. I cannot say enough to stress the benefits of my time at TRAC. It has been a life changing and career advancing opportunity that I encourage anyone looking to go into this field to pursue.”

TRAC Alumni Have Worked For Companies Such As:

Classrooms That Are Anything But Ordinary

Students at The Recording Arts Center have access to the professional control rooms at Studio West as a landscape for their learning, in addition to our state-of-the-art computer labs and editing suites. Outside of class hours, TRAC students are able to book time in our studios to work on both personal and assigned projects.

Studio A

Designed by internationally acclaimed studio architect George Augspurger.

Studio B

Ideal for mixing, mastering, and recording vocals & instruments.

Studio C

Hosts feature film and television actors, a syndicated radio show and vocalists.

Veterans Benefits Frequently Asked Questions

+ What are the benefit programs accepted at TRAC?

Some commonly used benefits at our institution are:

-Chapter 35/Survivors & Dependents Assistance

-Chapter 33/The Post 9/11 GI Bill®

-Chapter 33/TEB/The Post 9/11 GI Bill® for Eligible Dependents

-Chapter 31/Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment

-Marine Gunnery Sergeant John D. Fry Scholarship

-Chapter 1606/Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve

-Chapter 1607/Reserve Education Assistance Program

+ What do I need before I enroll at TRAC?
For Veterans using benefits for the first time, the following are required:

-DD 214 (Certified Copy)

-Form 1990

-Dependent Form 2168c, transcripts of dependents if they are over 18 but in school (This form is only used when veteran is eligible to claim dependents)

-Transcripts of previous coursework completed (All prior education and training shall be evaluated and appropriate credit granted)

-Please NOTE: Paperwork will not be submitted to the VA office until the above forms are received.

-Certificate of eligibility from the VA

For Veterans who have previously used benefits, the following are required:

-Form 1995 (Change of Program)

-Transcripts of previous coursework completed (All prior education and training shall be evaluated and appropriate credit granted)

-Please NOTE: Paperwork will not be submitted to the VA office until the above forms are received.

-Certificate of eligibility from the VA

All VA Benefit applicants will also need to provide a copy of your social security card and High School Diploma/GED before completing your enrollment agreement with TRAC.

***NOTE that once all the necessary paperwork is submitted, it can take up to 8 weeks before benefits are received. For information or for resolution of specific payment problems, the veteran should call the DVA nationwide toll free number at 1-800-827-1000.

+ How do I obtain my Certificate of Eligibility?
Although TRAC doesn’t participate in Federal Financial Aid Programs, we do have payment plans that can spread the cost of tuition over multiple years. Go to our Funding Options page for more information.
+ Will VA cover the entire cost of my program?
Factors including dates of service, dependent status and prior use of education benefits makes every veteran’s eligibility unique. Our certifying officials are proficient in projecting eligibility. However, the Department of Veteran Affairs will determine benefit eligibility. The Department of Veteran Affairs can be reached at 1-888-GIBILL-1.